GRO - Grass Roots Organizing is looking for an energetic, experienced, full time community organizer.
GRO is a central Missouri based social-justice dues paying membership organization with state and national reach. The mission is to create a grassroots voice to win economic justice and human rights for all Missourians.
Some of the campaigns this year that the organizer may be involved in are Social Security, Medicare, MO Medicaid expansion, public housing residents advocacy, predatory lending reforms, corporate targeted issues affecting our members as well as non partisan local community voting work.
Our community organizing and grassroots power building approach rests on our ability to find the right person to fill the Central MOOrganizer position.
The successful Organizer candidate will—
- Possess a bachelor degree; or equivalent organizing paid and volunteer work experience
- Enjoy working as a team player and contribute to the good health of the organization
- Take personal initiative; confidently work with others, and represent GRO’s mission.
- Demonstrate proficiency in spreadsheets, list building, email, MS Word and data work
- Be familiar with the central Missouri social-economic, geographic and political environment and can adapt to changing circumstances and pay attention to detail.
- Show a desire to reach progressive outcomes and be ready to work flexible schedule
- Relate positively to diverse community, labor and faith groups we collaborate with and be prepared to impart courage and inspire others to act
- Perform well; facilitate in small and large group settings, be confident to advance community base building and field plan objectives
- Represent a positive “can do spirit” for others to emulate
- Have valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable personal transportation and is willing to transport others.
GRO - Grass Roots Organizing is headquartered in Mexico, MO and has an Outreach Office in Columbia. GRO MIZZOU is the official student affiliate on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus.
Please send all inquiries and a concise resume with qualifications to Robin Acree firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2013. A detailed job description with salary and benefits is available upon request.